Your Big Fat Greek Wedding Photographer in London
Hello, my name is Peter Lane and I’ve been tagged by many in North London as “The Greek Wedding Photographer”. Being based in Palmers Green or Palmers Greek as locals use to joke is the reason to be surrounded by many Greek friends, having their love, trust and recommendations. The aftermath shows more than 50% of our weddings to be Greek or traditional Cypriot Orthodox Greek. Do I like the Greek weddings? No! I love them!
No matter how big or small, how posh or simple your wedding is, I can promise you one thing – we’ll make it look glorious! Your album won’t be the conveyer type you’ve seen everywhere, you won’t be put in all the same cheese poses, no patterns and look-a-likes. We’ll extract the essence of the day and the best of you, then it will be multiplied and glorified so you’ll have that fashion look and a feeling of a living memento. Your album will be edited by experienced and educated designer, retouched by experienced professional retoucher and bind & assembled craftily hand made by the best in the world album masters. Only the highest quality paper, ink and materials will be used, providing the highest album longevity on the market. Your grand children will see exactly what you see now.
We don’t charge for extra time our Greek Wedding couples because we understand and respect your expenses, usually double and triple than majority of the traditional English weddings. Your day will be covered from the grooms house up to the last song.
We are excited to hear your story! Excited to meet you and discuss in details.
We don’t have big or small clients, big or small weddings because we love them all and we’re driven by passion and inspiration. Our few hours one photographer digital coverage clients are as happy as our 16 hours, and plenty of services Big Fat Greek Weddings couples. Our attitude is always the same however our services differ, so please choose the one that fits your needs and budget by filling in the corresponding enquiry forms bellow.
The Big Fat Greek wedding experience with Peter Lane Creative Studio
Greek weddings are life time experience, tons of joy, traditional dancing, tasty food and strong sense of community experience.
Being one of the most popular Greek wedding photographers in North London area – Southgate, Enfield, Edmonton, Barnet, Potters Bar, Hadley Woods, etc. I’m happy to be a part of your Big Fat Greek wedding plans.
Here you can see some examples of real Greek weddings and their corresponding albums. Buckle up and enjoy!
Joana & Giannis – amazing destination Greek wedding in Athens, Glyfada – Amaltheia!
The awesome wedding of Skev & Harry – Luxury Greek wedding in Hilton Wembley, London
Luxury Sopwel House, Hertfordshire Greek wedding of Andrea & Jacob
The wedding album of Skev & Harry – Luxury Greek wedding in Hilton Wembley, London
“Peter… Oh my god you are an absolute star!!!!!!!! We love the album, it looks unreal… They all look unreal thank you so so so much!!!!! I can’t stop looking at it, I don’t want to bend the pages, I need to put it in my beautiful box!!!! I am going to take a photo of them and will write a post on your wall to say thank you. Thank you so so much for our freebies too!!!!!! We love them!!! Such a nice thing for you to do xxxxx”
The Wedding album of Nicola & Chris – Luxury Greek wedding in Gilgamesh, London
The Wedding album of Mandalena & Nick – Luxury Greek wedding in Grand Conaught Rooms, London
The Wedding album of Andrea & Jacob – Luxury Greek wedding in Sopwel House, Hertfordshire
The Wedding album of Joana & Giannis – Luxury Greek wedding in Athens, Greece
The Wedding album of Sophia & Andy – Luxury Greek wedding in Shendish Mannor, Hertfordshire
The Wedding album of Lina & Chris – Greek/English wedding in The Regency Banqueting Suite, North London
The Wedding album of Natasha & Neo – Greek Wedding in Hilton Wembley, London
Irish – Traditional Cypriot Greek Wedding in London – Eileen & Harry
The Wedding album of Eileen & Harry – Irish/Greek Wedding in Stoke Place, Buckinghamshire
Claire & Chris – a big fat Greek wedding in London – Regency, and a Greek Orthodox Christening
The Wedding album of Claire & Chris – Greek wedding in The Regency Banqueting Suite, North London
Let me share with you a bit of the Greew Wedding traditions: explained by Greek wedding photographer London Peter Lane
“Shaving of the groom”
The groom is dressed by his koumbaro and witnessed by family and friends. He is also shaved by the koumbaro which is known as the “last shave”. The koumbaro then proceeds to putting the grooms shirt, waistcoat and cravat on all done whilst the violin and singer play and sing music to praise the groom before his departure from his home.
“Sugar Almonds and red ribbon”
The sugar coated almonds which are placed on the tray with the crowns and which will later be offered to the guests are also symbolic. The white symbolises purity, the egg shape represents fertility and the new life which begins with marriage. The hardness of the almond represents the endurance of marriage and the sweetness of the sugar symbolises the sweetness of future life. The odd number of almonds is indivisible, just as a couple the bride and groom shall remain undivided. After the ceremony the almonds and ribbon are shared amongst the single women who apparently if the ribbon is placed under their pillow that night they will see in their dreams the man they will marry.
The first dance
This dance is performed half way through the night by the newly- weds to honour their guests. It is also a chance for their guests whilst the couple is dancing to pin money on them as a gift.
“Throwing of the bouquet and garter”
This tradition has been passed on from other cultures. At the end of the evening all single girls gather on the dance floor and the bride at a fair distance from them with her back turned to them throws her bouquet in the air at random. The girl who caches the bouquet is the next to be married. Similarly the groom ‘crawl’ under the brides skirt and detached the garter from the bride’s leg with his teeth. Once his has successfully got it between his teeth all the single men gather at a distance from the groom and with his back turned to them he throws the garter at random. The man who catches it is the next one to be married.
Before the bride puts on her shoes she lists all her single friend’s names under her shoe. At the end of the night she takes it off and the name which still appears on the shoe is the girl who will be married next!
Many people are not aware what the red scarf we tie around the bride and groom before they set off to church symbolises. Well for the woman it signifies her virginity and for the man his fertility. It is wrapped around the bride and groom three times by their parents and close family and friends.
- covered personally by Peter Lane together with a trained assistant, or a second photographer. You’ll benefit by more than 12 years of international experience and Peter’s ability to creatively blend fashion, fine-art and documentary to capture all aspects of your Big Day.
- the best Italian hand made wedding albums coming with hundreds of options – paper types, covers (materials and colours), sleeves and boxes, etc. to match your theme and preferences.
- it’s a huge difference when the photographer knows how to shoot with the album in mind, designing the page while shooting.
- your unique album will be designed by professional magazine designers and retouched by professional fashion magazine retouchers, which is a huge difference between “one man business” albums.
- whole day coverage.
- a beautiful private online gallery to share photos with your friends and help them find and print the photo they want and the media they want – canvas, frames, T-shirt, iPhone covers, etc.
- fastest in UK delivery of all your thousands of images – only 2 days after the wedding while people still have hangover and fresh memories, so you can show the social media that your wedding has been magnificent, not dark, pixelated and blurry 🙂
- Home Use rights of all photos in hi-res, edited, print ready. You’ll get thousands of nice photos not hundreds and you can print them wherever you want, they are yours!
- fastest in UK album delivery, speed light fast!
- unique and amazing online album proofing experience, you don’t have to describe the photos to be changed, swapped, enlarged, removed, etc. anymore because we’ll see the same what you see as if we share one computer.
- your album retouching is the same quality as the fashion magazines and even better.
- you won’t be posed but directed instead because we teach our brides how to pose for great results months before the wedding day.
- you’ll be spoiled and surprised because we like happy clients!
- you’ll get more than you can imagine.
Isn’t it all that AWESOME? And that’s not all 🙂