Italian Wedding photographer & videographer London, UK for your Italian style Wedding
Easy, fast, budget, cheap is not your style. You’re here now, looking for the best Italian wedding photographer for your Big Day because you know the importance of this day for you, your family and your partner. Because you need a story teller and creator to trust and rely on.
The connection you’ve made with your partner defines you and you want to commemorate it for years to come. Your style is elegant, fashion, luxury, stylish, kind and humble. If this sounds like you, welcome to Peter Lane Photography as you reached the right place. Welcome to the best Italian wedding photography & storytelling videography company in London.
Italian Wedding Cinematic videography by Peter Lane Creative Studio
As you know photographers and videographers are cats and dog, everyone fights for the best shot, vantage point, etc. We solve the problem by organizing everything in-house, so you’ll get same style photography and video. We know how to compliment each other and we deliver more than you can expect. Please take a look at our dedicate videography page for more videos, info and pricing.
St Albans, Sopwell House Greek Italian Wedding cinematic highlights
We don’t have big or small clients, big or small weddings because we love them all and we’re driven by passion and inspiration. Our Digital collection clients are as happy as our full day all inclusive Premium Collection ones. Our attitude is always the same however our services differ, so please choose the one that fits your needs and budget the most. Collections are customisable depends on week/weekend, season/off-season, timing, your choice of products and services and of course your wishes.
Here on this page you’ll see two types Photography Collections – Premium (all inclusive) and Standard (or Digital). Please take a look the difference and knowing what’s included will be the base of our meeting discussion.
Can’t wait to hear your story!
For those of you who need wedding photography and cinematic wedding videography under one roof, yes we can do it all for you with greatest pleasure.
Premium Collections – book your meeting:
- covered personally by Peter Lane together with a trained assistant, or a second photographer. You’ll benefit by more than 13 years of international experience and Peter’s ability to creatively blend fashion, fine-art and documentary to capture all aspects of your Big Day.
- the best Italian hand made wedding albums coming with hundreds of options – paper types, covers (materials and colours), sleeves and boxes, etc. to match your theme and preferences.
- it’s a huge difference when the photographer knows how to shoot with the album in mind, designing the page while shooting.
- your unique album will be designed by professional magazine designers and retouched by professional fashion magazine retouchers, which is a huge difference between “one man business” albums.
- whole day coverage.
- a beautiful private online gallery to share photos with your friends and help them find and print the photo they want and the media they want – canvas, frames, T-shirt, iPhone covers, etc.
- fastest in UK delivery of all your thousands of images – only 2 days after the wedding while people still have hangover and fresh memories, so you can show the social media that your wedding has been magnificent, not dark, pixelated and blurry 🙂
- Home Use rights of all photos in hi-res, edited, print ready. You’ll get thousands of nice photos not hundreds and you can print them wherever you want, they are yours!
- fastest in UK album delivery, speed light fast!
- unique and amazing online album proofing experience, you don’t have to describe the photos to be changed, swapped, enlarged, removed, etc. anymore because we’ll see the same what you see as if we share one computer.
- your album retouching is the same quality as the fashion magazines and even better.
- you won’t be posed but directed instead because we teach our brides how to pose for great results months before the wedding day.
- you’ll be spoiled and surprised because we like happy clients!
- you’ll get more than you can imagine.
Isn’t it all that AWESOME? And that’s not all 🙂
Standard Collection – From £1600:
- time based
- digital files (no albums or prints included)
- standard for UK just better quality. Our trained photographers are happy to prove their creativity with every new wedding.
- digital files edited in hi-res
- online private gallery
- all extras like albums, photographers, retouching, etc. can be purchased A-La-Carte
- get in touch for more info or book a meeting
Your Italian Wedding Photographer and Cinematic videographer London, UK
Hello, my name is Peter Lane and I’ve been tagged by many in London as The Italian Wedding Photographer. Being based in London surrounded by many Italian friends, having their love, trust and recommendations our popularity into the Italian community multiplies with every single month. My videography and photography teams and myself personally really enjoy covering Italian weddings.
No matter how big or small, how posh or simple your wedding is, I can promise you one thing – we’ll make it look glorious! Your album won’t be the conveyer type you’ve seen everywhere, you won’t be put in all the same cheese poses, no patterns and look-a-likes. We’ll extract the essence of the day and the best of you, then it will be multiplied and glorified so you’ll have that fashion look and a feeling of a living memento. Your album will be edited by experienced and educated designer, retouched by experienced professional retoucher and bind & assembled craftily hand made by the best in the world album masters. Only the highest quality paper, ink and materials will be used, providing the highest album longevity on the market. Your grand children will see exactly what you see now.
We are excited to hear your story! For more inspiration please visit wedding photography section.
Cinematic Videography for Italian weddings
Many of our clients look for wedding videographer with the same style, and ideally everything under the same roof. Please check our portfolio. We know how to work together in a team and to compliment each other for smooth wedding day experience and best quality story telling.
Italian wedding – explained by Italian wedding photographer London – Peter Lane
Superstition regarding weddings – Italian wedding photographer & videographer
An Italian bride spends the night before the wedding at her parent’s house. Some wear green because it is said that brings good fortune. The Bride is not supposed to wear any gold on her wedding day apart from her wedding ring, it is considered bad luck. Bride has to wear something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue and something she has received as a gift.
Dress code – Italian wedding photographer & videographer
It is rude for anyone other than the Bride to wear white. Black dresses are becoming more and more popular because considered really elegant especially for an afternoon wedding.
Getting to the ceremony – Italian wedding photographer & videographer
The Groom must not see the Bride before the wedding ceremony, he is at the altar with his witness and waits till the Bride steps in accompanied by her father who will then “give her away”. Brides father shakes the Groom’s hand, kisses her daughter and walks back to the first raw of benches to take place next to the Bride’s mother. This is more common with Catholic weddings, while for a civil wedding Bride and Groom arrive together to the Wedding Hall accompanied by family and friends. In some regions Bride and Groom walk together to the Church, in other regions the Groom brings the bouquet of flowers to the wedding or even carries a piece of iron in his pocket.
After the ceremony – Italian wedding photographer & videographer
Rice is thrown at the couple coming out of the Church or wedding hall to symbolize a shower of fertility. All guests approach and congratulate the newlyweds outside the wedding venue. In some regions in Italy Bride and Groom have to cut a log in two with a double handle saw after the wedding. This symbolizes the couple’s partnership in marriage. Another nice tradition is tying a ribbon in front of the church. The ribbon represents the bride and groom ‘tying the knot’.
Wedding receptions follow the ceremony, guests keep same dresses. Guests arrive before the wedding couple at the restaurant. The waiters offer them some aperitifs while they wait for the arrival of the spouses from their photo tour.
Many funny moments are organized at an Italian Wedding despite main activity is still eating a lot of delicious and genuine food accompanied by the best wines, Limoncello and liquors. Often during the banquet, guests bang glasses with spoons to encourage the Bride and Groom to kiss several times.
At some weddings, particularly in Northern Italy, the best man cuts the groom’s tie into little pieces. The pieces are then put onto a tray and sold to the guests. Bride and Groom go from table to table, greeting and chatting with every guests, so everyone feels welcomed.
At some point friends of the couple sneak away to play tricks in the new couple’s house (they put itching powder in the bed, fishes in the bathtub, hide shoes…), others organize practical jokes for the couple.
It is customarily that the Bride throws her bouquet to the single ladies attending the banquet. Whoever catches the bouquet will be the next to get married!
The wedding cake is white (for purity), tiered and topped by figurines representing the bride and groom.
The wedding couple remains till the end of the reception and not only, sometimes the very close friends stay with the couple even after the reception, they go all together for a drink or even accompany them to their new house.
At the end of the wedding day, just before guests leave, Bride and Groom give small gifts to their guest to say thank you. Italians call them bomboniere, made of a present, confetti (sugared almonds) and printed ribbons. Bomboniere is a symbol of the family life. The number of confetti is very important: it should be an odd number – preferably 5 or 7- each a good-luck number.